We bet you might have come across some incidents at a birthday party wherein some vegetarian people pass an unpleasant gaze or smirk at the food menu. From the chicken pizza, egg salad to even the birthday cake, every single dish gets to face this icky situation which ends up spoiling the fun party mood. That is the reason, one can play on the safe side by offering their guests some vegetarian dishes to relish along with an eggless birthday cake. If you are clueless while figuring out which eggless cake recipes can you give a try to, then don’t worry! We have shortlisted some of the best eggless cake recipes that equally taste and looks good as the ones baked with eggs in them. You can absolutely substitute sugar with powdered jaggery and all-purpose flour with organic maida or wheat flour if you are calorie-conscious. Also, check the expiry date of each of these cake ingredients so that your cake turns out to be perfect. Make sure to give a try to these sans egg cake recipes.
Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- Preparation Time – 10 mins
- Cook Time – 25 mins
- Total Time – 35 mins
- Servings – 12 servings
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups whole milk or plant milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Start by preheating the oven at 350º F. Line up with parchment paper after greasing the baking pan with melted butter/oil/baking spray.
- Take a bowl, whisk sugar and butter until it becomes frothy. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Combine milk and vinegar in another bowl, then set aside.
- Now pour flour alternating with milk in the butter mixture. With the help of a spatula keep stirring to ensure all the ingredients are well mixed. But also make sure you don’t overmix the batter.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Check its doneness by pricking a knife or toothpick.
- Once the cake seems baked, let it cool down by placing it on a wire rack. And only thereafter, decorate the cake, as per your liking.
- Your eggless vanilla cake is ready to be served.
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Preparation Time – 15 mins
- Cook Time – 30 mins
- Total Time – 45 mins
- Servings – 8 servings
For The Cake
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
For the chocolate sauce
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 to 6 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by preheating the oven to 170 C or 340 F for about 15 mins or so.
- Line up an 8/9 inch baking tray with parchment paper after greasing it with some melted butter/oil/baking spray. Set it aside.
- Take a bowl and pour flour, cacao powder, salt and baking soda. Mix them well.
- Make sure the flour is sieved before it is being poured into the bowl.
- Further, add sugar and mix it well.
- Add one cup of water, some oil/melted butter, vanilla extract and lemon juice/vinegar.
- Mix well all the ingredients together.
- Now pour this batter into the already prepared baking pan and bake for 25-28 mins. Once done, place the baked cake in a wire rack for about 8-10 minutes for it to cool down properly before we start with its frosting/ topping.
- For the chocolate sauce, take milk, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla extract together and mix well. Mix it well until it attains the desired consistency.
- Now top up the eggless cake with it before you serve it to your friends and family.
So, these were our two most favourite eggless cake recipes that are a major hit across birthday parties. People love it when they celebrate special days like birthdays over a homemade eggless cake like this one. Hope you try these two eggless cake recipes at your home to please your loved ones. And hope they love these eggless cakes too! Bon Appetit, fellas!